Technical Project Manager – Enterprise Software
Bocada is seeking entrepreneurial, results-driven candidates for the Technical Project Manager role. We are a leading IT automation company headquartered in Kirkland, WA. Since 2001, Bocada has delivered enterprise data protection and backup reporting software to Global 2000 companies. Through innovative, patented, agentless data collection, Bocada eliminates manual backup reporting processes and gives IT managers and auditors the tools required to secure their data operations. The Bocada reporting application currently reports on over 5 million backup jobs per day across 18 backup products generating over 45 petabytes of backup data per day. Learn more about us at www.bocada.com.
The Bocada culture is entrepreneurial and results oriented. We have a fast-paced software development culture where everyone is a decision-maker and owns meaningful outcomes. We not only manage data, but we use data every day to set our priorities. Teamwork and in-office interaction are critical drivers for our success. Our employees simplify complex enterprise data challenges for our customers. Help us deliver the next generation of IT automation software!
The Technical Project Manager will drive development projects including developing and documenting requirements, capturing designs, and developing project schedules.
The responsibilities of the Technical Project Manager include:
- Manage multiple technical projects in accordance with the Bocada product roadmap
- Align project teams with clear communication of requirements, expectations, and customer benefits to ensure project success and exceed customer expectations
- Regular reporting on team and project status, efficiency, and quality, always looking for ways to improve over time
- Identify and understand shifting priorities and resources to ensure the most critical objectives are resourced to deliver results
- Guide projects through to completion, on time and within scope
- Solve project issues and risks (technical and non-technical) through requirements, tasks, tracking, reporting, identification, evaluation, communication and mediation
- Conduct release planning and retrospectives with the technology teams
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Must be highly organized and able to work effectively under time pressure.
- Must have demonstrated experience building positive and respectful working relationships with development teams while getting their best work from them.
- Experience in core project management disciplines including scope, schedule, and quality, along with risk and critical path management.
- Network, Data Center, and/or systems engineering background with demonstrated excellence.
- A thirst for knowledge and innovation with a track record of driving efficiency, accountability, and quality out of projects and teams.
- Proficiency with MS Office and MS Project (or other related project/scheduling software)
- Exceptional analytical, quantitative, communication, and presentation skills
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 5 years of project management experience.
Bocada offers competitive compensation and benefits packages consistent with experience, geography and industry. Interested candidates should submit a pdf copy of their resume to email@example.com. Please include a link to your LinkedIn profile. Bocada is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.