Systems Engineer – Latin America
Sub-specs: Bi-lingual Spanish or Portuguese and English; part-time contract; remote ok.
Bocada is seeking candidates for a contract Systems Engineer role to work with customers both pre- and post- sales to grow our enterprise software business. We are a leading IT automation company headquartered in Kirkland, WA. Since 2001. Bocada has delivered enterprise data protection and backup monitoring software to Fortune 500 companies globally. Through innovative, patented, agentless data collection Bocada eliminates manual backup operations processes and gives IT managers the tools required to secure their data operations. Learn more about us at www.bocada.com.
The right candidate will work with the Bocada sales team to provide product Spanish and Portugues language online (live) demonstrations of Bocada product. The role requires continued working with customers throughout their technical evaluation process including support for proof-of-concept (POC) implementations, and the required troubleshooting and report configurations. Post-sales activities include production installation and configuration in the customer’s environment as well as ongoing native language support.
The position will require the candidate to work with customers in roles that include IT operations, IT managers, backup administrators and backup and storage engineers across managed services providers and Global 2000 enterprises. The Systems Engineer will work with other Bocada systems engineers to understand our software product and clearly communicate the value proposition and explain the technology in Spanish or Portuguese to prospective customers. The successful applicant will have a team approach and want to pitch in where needed in Bocada’s entrepreneurial and growing team.
The responsibilities of the Systems Engineer include:
• Successfully translating technical concepts and capabilities to Latin American and European (Spanish and Portuguese language) prospective and existing customers.
• Technical pre-sales system engineering and post-sales software product deployment to enterprise accounts.
• Perform product demos and help customers with technical questions and preparation for installation. Contribute to closing accounts through well-managed validation processes. Ensure customers achieve successful deployment and reach objectives.
• Deliver deployment services to customers, including system configuration, software installation and software configuration with high quality and efficiency.
• Technical troubleshooting in complex software deployment and networking environments.
• Translate prospective and current customer business requirements into technical solutions.
• Manage customer expectations and priorities. We are looking for someone able to think outside the box and ensure customers are successful with Bocada on a sustainable basis.
• Actively participate in defining product futures by gathering customer requirements, business cases, and needs analysis. Capture and share knowledge with team members with a goal of improving the team’s effectiveness and efficiency.
• Contribute to the success of the Bocada sales effort and our commitment to uncompromisingly high professional and ethical standards.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
• Speak English and have native level language fluency in Spanish and/or Portuguese
• Have broad ranging technical skills to include understanding of systems, databases, networks, security, firewalls, etc.
• Experience with deploying enterprise applications on Windows Server. UNIX/Linux familiarity a plus.
• Ability to prioritize based on customer input, development schedules and resources and internal priorities and relay such priority and status updates to customers.
• Ability to articulate technical pros and cons of different solution approaches as well as clearly communicate Bocada’s value proposition to customers.
• Understanding of software development processes, release schedules and activities; a team player who can work with customers, Sales, support and development engineers.
• Troubleshooting and analytical capabilities, proven problem solving abilities.
• Understanding of the storage environment/business processes required or capability to ramp up very quickly.
• Data Protection backup product experience preferred, such as Azure Backup, AWS Backup, Veeam, SpectrumProtect (TSM), NetBackup, Backup Exec, Commvault, Data Protector, Avamar, Networker, Cohesity, Rubrik, RMAN, SQL native backup etc.
• Bachelor’s degree required and a minimum of 10 years of experience in any combination of systems engineering, software deployment, IT operations, Sales Engineering, and/or Systems Engineering.
• Excellent written & verbal communication and presentation skills.
To apply for the job, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org