Systems Engineer – EMEA
Sub-specs: Multi-lingual French, German and English; part-time contract to start; remote in CET.
Bocada is seeking candidates for a long-term contract Systems Engineer role to work with customers both pre- and post- sales to grow our enterprise software business in the EMEA region. We are a leading IT automation company headquartered near Seattle, WA. Since 2001. Bocada has delivered enterprise data protection and backup monitoring software to Fortune 500 companies globally. Through innovative, patented, agentless data collection Bocada eliminates manual backup operations processes and gives IT managers the tools required to secure their data operations. Learn more about us at www.bocada.com.
The right candidate will work with the Bocada sales and customer success teams to provide product French and German language support for: online (live) demonstrations of Bocada product; continued working with customers throughout their technical evaluation process including support for proof-of-concept (POC) installations; troubleshooting and configurations; post-sales production installation, configuration and training in the customer’s environment; as well as ongoing native language support in the local timezone (CET).
The position will require the candidate to work with customers in roles that include IT operations, IT managers, backup administrators and backup and storage engineers across managed services providers and Global 2000 enterprises. The Systems Engineer will work with other Bocada systems engineers to understand our software product and clearly communicate the value proposition and explain the technology in French, German or English to prospective and existing customers. The successful applicant will have a team approach and want to pitch in where needed in Bocada’s entrepreneurial and growing team.
The responsibilities of the Systems Engineer include:
• Successfully translating technical concepts and capabilities to EMEA (French, German, English) prospective and existing customers.
• Technical pre-sales system engineering and post-sales software product deployment to enterprise accounts.
• Perform product demos and help customers with technical questions and preparation for installation. Contribute to closing accounts through well-managed technical validation processes. Ensure customers achieve successful deployment and reach objectives.
• Deliver deployment services to customers, including system configuration, software installation and software configuration with high quality and efficiency.
• Technical troubleshooting in complex software deployment and networking environments.
• Translate prospective and current customer business requirements into technical solutions.
• Manage customer expectations and priorities. We are looking for someone able to think creatively to ensure customers are successful with Bocada on a sustainable basis.
• Actively participate in defining product futures by gathering customer requirements, business cases, and needs analysis. Capture and share knowledge with team members with a goal of improving the team’s effectiveness and efficiency.
• Contribute to the success of the Bocada sales effort and our commitment to uncompromisingly high professional and ethical standards.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
• Speak English and have native level language fluency in French and German.
• Have broad ranging technical skills to include understanding of systems, databases, networks, security, firewalls, etc.
• Data Protection backup product experience preferred, such as Azure Backup, AWS Backup, Veeam, SpectrumProtect (TSM), NetBackup, Backup Exec, Commvault, Data Protector, Avamar, Networker, Cohesity, Rubrik, RMAN, SQL native backup etc.
• Experience with deploying enterprise applications on Windows Server. UNIX/Linux familiarity a plus.
• Understanding of the storage environment/business processes required or capability to ramp up very quickly.
• Ability to prioritize based on customer input, development schedules and resources and internal priorities and relay such priority and status updates to customers.
• Ability to articulate technical pros and cons of different solution approaches as well as clearly communicate Bocada’s value proposition to customers.
• Understanding of software development processes, release schedules and activities; a team player who can work with customers, Sales, support and development engineers.
• Troubleshooting and analytical capabilities, proven problem-solving abilities.
• Bachelor’s degree required and a minimum of 10 years of experience in any combination of systems engineering, software deployment, IT operations, Sales Engineering, and/or Systems Engineering.
• Excellent written & verbal communication skills.