Senior Technical Support Engineer
To apply for the job, please send your resume to email@example.com
Bocada is seeking candidates for a Senior Technical Support Engineer role to provide sophisticated support to our enterprise software customers. We are a leading IT automation company headquartered in Kirkland, WA since 2001. Bocada has delivered enterprise data protection and backup reporting software to Fortune 500 companies globally. Through innovative, patented, agentless data collection Bocada eliminates manual backup reporting processes and gives IT managers the tools required to secure their data operations. The Bocada reporting application currently reports on over 4 million backup jobs per day across 15 backup products generating over 40 petabytes of backup data per day. Learn more about us at www.bocada.com.
Bocada’s culture is relaxed but results oriented. We have a fast-paced software development culture where everyone is a decision-maker and owns meaningful outcomes. We not only manage data but we use data every day to set our priorities. Teamwork is a critical feature of our success; this on premises position is based in the Seattle area.
The right candidate will provide enterprise customers with high quality technical support in a Windows and SQL Server environment. This is a high-visibility, high-impact position, key in maintaining the highest levels of customer satisfaction. The position requires the candidate to work with customers in roles that include IT operators, IT managers, backup administrators and engineers from medium enterprises to the Fortune 100. The successful applicant will have a team approach and want to pitch in where needed in Bocada’s entrepreneurial team.
About The Role
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide telephone, email and web-based support for Bocada software. Track issues, report status, manage customer expectations and escalate as appropriate.
- Develop an excellent understanding of the Bocada product.
- Troubleshoot & analyze software & systems issues. Conduct root-cause analysis for technical issues and find workarounds and solutions.
- Research and recreate customer reported issues. Interpret customer descriptions of issues and escalate to Development when research is fully exhausted.
- Handle distribution of hotfixes, and software releases to Customers.
- Contribute to the development and constant improvement of the knowledge base for self-service support tools such as FAQs.
- Assist with documentation, including problem resolution steps, updating user guide, etc.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Troubleshooting skills including debugging, analytic assessments, incident history diagnosis (e.g. when did it last work, what has changed, etc.).
- Broad ranging technical skills to include understanding of systems, databases, networks, security, firewalls, etc. Experience with enterprise applications on Windows Server OS and Networking, such as DNS, IP and firewall ports knowledge.
- Ability to organize and prioritize based on customer input, development schedules and resources, and internal priorities and relay such priority and status updates to customers.
- Understanding of software development processes, release schedules and activities.
- Backup product experience preferred, such as IBM TSM/Spectrum Protect, Veritas NetBackup, Backup Exec, Commvault, Veeam, HP Data Protector, Avamar, Networker, ARCserve, RMAN, Microsoft Azure, Dell EMC Data Domain, Dell EMC DPA, etc.
- Database familiarity such as SQL Server / Oracle / PostgreSQL and ability to do SQL queries preferred. Programming or scripting abilities a plus.
- A team player who can work with customers, sales, support, development engineers and QA.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree required and a minimum of 5 years of experience in any combination of support engineering, systems engineering, software deployment, or IT operations.
- Bocada offers competitive compensation and benefits packages consistent with experience, geography and industry. Interested candidates should submit a pdf copy of their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a link to your LinkedIn profile.
Bocada is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.