Full Stack Software Development Engineer
To apply for the position, please send your resume to email@example.com
Bocada is seeking candidates for the Full Stack Software Development Engineering role to augment our growing team. We are a leading IT automation company headquartered near the shores of Lake Washington in Kirkland, WA. Since 2001, Bocada has delivered enterprise data protection software to Fortune 500 companies globally. Through innovative, patented, agentless data collection Bocada eliminates manual backup reporting processes and gives IT managers the tools required to secure their data operations. The Bocada reporting application currently reports on over 5 million backup jobs per day across 25 backup products generating over 50 petabytes of backup data per day. Learn more about us at www.bocada.com.
The Bocada culture is relaxed but results oriented. We have a fast-paced software development culture where everyone is a decision-maker and owns meaningful outcomes. We not only manage data, but we use data every day to set our priorities. Teamwork and in-office interaction are critical features of our success. Our employees simplify complex enterprise data challenges for our customers. Help us make, market and deliver the next generation of IT automation software!
The goal of Bocada software developers is to quickly turn customer requirements into functional features and products. Our best-in-class product is a multi-level distributed application that supports hundreds of thousands of managed clients working with high volumes of data. As part of an innovative, lean, agile engineering team, you will be a major contributor to our full stack development with the opportunity to work on both the front-end (Vue.js, C#, and .NET) and back-end (C#, SQL, and/or C++). The full stack developer is well-versed in operating systems, services, databases, algorithms, memory management, performance optimization, and scalability.
You’ll have an immediate impact on the design, implementation and quality of our products. You will be directly involved in turning customer needs into released products. If you’re ready for big challenges and have the qualifications, we want to talk to you!
About the Full Stack Role
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to help revolutionize the Bocada data mining and our distributed reporting technologies. As a Bocada Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to contribute at all levels of the software stack, from services and data mining, to database and reporting. We need your help to continue to update our platform to use the latest technologies available.
The Responsibilities of the Software Engineer:
- Write high quality, robust, secure and scalable code;
- Write unit tests for your code and facilitate automated end-to-end testing by writing test-enabled code;
- Participate in peer code reviews;
- Contribute to the architecture and design of an enterprise software product;
- Take responsibility for the architecture, design and development of a portion of the product;
- Work closely with customers and the support team to troubleshoot problems, triage bugs, analyze root causes and resolve them;
- Work with product management and customer support team to understand and satisfy customer requirements;
- Provide technical and thought leadership to the team;
- Provide leadership to the team to choose the best solutions to technical problems;
- Be an active participant in improving engineering processes.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor of Science degree required;
- 7+ years of enterprise software development experience;
- A working understanding of software engineering principles;
- Full stack experience with .NET, C#, Web Services, REST, MSSQL, and/or C++;
- Experience or familiarity with cloud computing and/or machine learning;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Proven track record of successfully delivering high quality enterprise solutions over multiple product lifecycles;
- Experience in an agile development environment;
- Works independently across multiple product areas and features.
Bocada oﬀers competitive compensation and benefits packages consistent with experience, geography and industry. Interested candidates should submit a pdf copy of their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a link to your LinkedIn profile.
Bocada is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.